Terry Bogard is a playable character in Fatal Fury series, as well as King of Fighters. He is one of the most popular characters in the series, and serves as a mascot character for Fatal Fury, and to a lesser extent SNK as a whole. He has received high rankings on several popularity polls, and has been referred to as an "eternal hero".
Ten years before the events in Fatal Fury: King of Fighters, Terry's adoptive father is killed by Geese Howard, due to their conflicting opinions while under Tung Fu Rue's training. Terry and his brother Andy, fueled by a want for vengeance, began training in martial arts. After ten years of training, Geese sent an invitation across South Town for his "King of Fighters" tournament. Both Terry and Andy enter the tournament in order to fight and defeat Geese. Years later, in Real Bout Fatal Fury, Terry would adopt Rock Howard after Geese's death.
For a full list of Terry's video game appearances, see here.
Non-Video Game Appearances
|Fatal Fury: Legend of the Hungry Wolf||December 23, 1992||Anime|
|Fatal Fury 2: The New Battle||July 31, 1993||Anime|
|Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture||July 16, 1994||Anime|
|The King of Fighters: Another Day||December 2, 2005||Anime|
|The King of Fighters||August 31, 2010||Film|
|The King of Fighters: Destiny||August 3, 2017||
|Memories of Stray Wolves||Unknown||Featurette|
- Terry's inclusion in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was likely helped by the massive popularity of SNK games in Latin America.
- Terry Bogard. SNK Playmore Corporation.
- Terry. SNK Playmore Corporation.
- Ureshino, Akihiko (November 22, 2005). Urayusa Diary 03 2005/11/22. Ureshino Chronicle.
- NEOGEO mini（ネオジオミニ）発売記念 好きなキャラクター人気投票＆NEOGEO mini入ってほしかったゲームのアンケート結果を中間発表！ 1位はコイツで“オーケー！”. Famitsu (July 5, 2018).
- 〔餓ＧＡＲＯＵ狼〕キャラクター人気投票の結果発表. Second South Square (May 10, 2002).
- Glaze, Virginia (September 5, 2019). Who is Terry Bogard, and why is he in Smash Ultimate?. Dexerto. “The King of Fighters series is also exceedingly popular throughout Latin America, sporting a massive fanbase for the game that gave rise to a healthy competitive community, which thrives to this day in the King of Fighters XIV.”